Process and Timescales
What is the process for working with you?
- Free Business Health Check – A free, no obligation, introductory meeting to discuss your business.
- Free Trial – Where appropriate we offer a free trial of our services.
- Service Delivery – We deliver a month of services to you.
- 100% Satisfaction Check – We check that you are completely happy with the services you have received.
- Invoice – We issue invoices via email. Our payment terms are 15 days after invoice date.
- Payment Collection – We collect payment via Direct Debit.
What do I need to bring to a first meeting with you? Do I need to prepare anything?
No, normally we don’t need you to bring anything. If we have any special requirements then we will tell you in advance.
What are your fees?
Our Small Business Strategy fees are as follows:
Do you charge for expenses?
Yes. Car mileage is charged at the standard HMRC rate of 45p per mile calculated from our bases in Hertfordshire. Sometimes other expenses (e.g. public transport, parking, etc) are incurred. In accordance with HMRC rules VAT is charged on expenses more details.
Are there any other costs?
No. There will be no other costs beyond those explicitly stated in the terms and conditions document that we will prepare for you to review and accept/decline.
How do your prices compare to other business consulting companies?
Consulting prices vary greatly. Prices are rarely published, so it can be difficult to get clarity. In Hertfordshire, for example, we are one of only three providers who publish prices. The other two providers are:
- Aronberg Training who say “Coaching sessions start from £45 per hour.”
- Boylan Associates who say “With our Ignition Report only costing £195 or our Acceleration Strategy starting from £395 can you afford not to do it?”
Through the grapevine we have heard of business coaches charging from £500 per month to £20,000+ per annum. Click here to meet our competitors.
Do I have to sign a contract?
Yes, you will need to sign a copy of our terms and conditions, which we will provide. The terms and conditions confirm details such as contractual parties, payment timescales and liabilities.
What personal details do I need to provide?
If you are a business client then we will need to know your company name, company number, registered address and your position in the company. If you are a private client then we will need to know your name and address.
Experience and Credentials
How are you able to tell me how to run my business?
We don’t tell small business owners how to run their businesses. Instead, we help them to work on the variables that accelerate business success.
Are you qualified to offer business advice?
We hold a range of relevant professional qualifications and memberships. We have a track record of business consulting success and high levels of repeat business from a loyal set of clients who trust us. Click here to read our client testimonials.
What hands-on experience have you got of running a business?
Every member of our consulting team is a limited liability company director. All team members are successful small business owners in their own right. Click here to learn more about our experience.
What is the difference between a consultant, a coach, a mentor and an advisor?
Different people will give different answers to this question. However, our view is that:
- Consulting is delivering work for clients.
- Coaching is giving clients the support (feedback, tools, confidence, etc) to help them to deliver the work.
- Advising is giving detailed advice on a specific challenge to allow a client to make a decision.
- Mentoring is higher-level guidance, often unpaid.
We use a blend of consulting and coaching.
Can you work together with my accountant, solicitor, designer, bank manager, etc?
Yes. We often work in partnership with other professionals to help our clients launch, expand or improve businesses.